Monday, January 7, 2008

This is it!


I have started my weight loss journey and I have decided to put it online for all to see!


Day 1: Up @ 4:30am...not easy with a 6mos old I might add, but I did it. Hopped on the elliptical for what was supposed to be 30 minutes but was only 20. Again, the 6mos old. But that's OK, I got to take a shower and get the baby ready for the day!


You might be asking yourself...why is she doing this? Well, I figure if I am the only one that knows that I am on a diet I will surely cheat! However, if I tell a bunch of people not only will I just think I have failed so will everyone else. Being a failure and nobody knowing about it...I can handle. Being a failure and EVERYONE knowing...I can't handle. SO, from here on out, I am on a diet.


First thing is first...I am saying good bye to cheese. NO MORE CHEESE! Cheese is my weakness, it makes everything taste good, you can have it morning, noon, night and snack time! That's why I am saying BUH-BYE! I promise to eat MORE...well I guess I don't eat a lot of it to begin with so, I promise to eat vegetables! EVERY DAY!


Now the veggie thing might seem weird to some...however, I hate vegetables! I am the pickiest eater out there! I have issues with texture and combining things all together. For example...hate tomatoes (squishy) LOVE tomato juice...(salty...YUM) Love lettuce, hate lettuce on things like sandwiches and burgers. So...I know that I have a long way to go but in doing this I have the support from the people I love! So I hope you will all be there for and do not TEMPT ME! cuz that would be just mean!!!! MORE TO COME!


Loves,
Michelle


8 comments:

Patty said...

Hi
I am with you (gave up bread and cookies my big weakness )Starting last week at 163 lbs.159 on Friday and 159 1/2 on Monday.Damn weekends and football.Will keep you updated.Lots of water the bathroom is my best friend.
Patty

Unknown said...

Good luck! We're all behind you 100%!

Anonymous said...

You go Shelly! I will be right along side of you cooking those yucky veggies!! We'll try to make them taste good for you and we'll keep coming up with new recipes for our new toaster oven.
Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Kate and I are in the same boat. I hate veggies too. I have V8 Instead. Lots of water and dont cut out the cheese. Limit it. If you cut it our you will want it more and then BOOM! You eat a whole stick in one sitting. Limit your portions. Are you doing this alone or with help ie-weight watchers, jenny etc..? I am doing what I did before (I had lost over 50 lbs) got it back with baby and never lost it. Now I've lost 15. Portion size no bigger than the palm of your hand. Smaller for the weak items like cheese and bread for me! We are all in it together!! Keep a food diary. Doesn't have to be perfect. what you eat when and what you are doing. It helps you know why you are eating when. I eat when watching tv and bored. So I watch less tv and keep busy. Yes I know 6 mo old does keep you running!! but it's not the same. Call or email when you need support!

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I am so proud of you! This is such a strong thing to do - really. I support you 100%!!! I know what a challenge this is, but you can do it. I have lots of good veggie recipes and I'm sure we can find some that make you change your mind! I've always been funny about textures etc. as well, so I'm proof that there is a veggie lifestyle for us all. Lots of LOVE, Ariella.

Ann said...

Shelly, you're going to do great! We gave up bread last year, and switched to whole grains, instead. What a difference! Keep us posted!

Love the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rogers!

I am soooo excited for you and with you all the way!!! I too, need to lose as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I know this took allot of courage and I fully support what you are doing! Congratulations on your bravery and your commitment! I am behind you all the way!!!