Monday, February 18, 2008

Cooking

I am learning how to cook....Now, for those of you who know me, you know that cooking is just not my forte. HOWEVER, last night I made this YUMMY Southwestern Mac and Cheese AND all I had was the ingredients...not how to cook it so I completely WINGED it! And It felt good!

There is always a mishap when I cook, therefore, mishap of the night. After the pasta was all boiled I went to bring the pot to the sink to dump into the collander and the pot was just a little too heavey for me and all of my noodles went everywhere!!! The bottom of the sink was a floor of noodles!!! I have never felt such aggrivation in my life! So, I boiled more pasta and eventually it turned out to be a great meal! But I was so concentrated what I was making I forgot to make a veggie side dish...oh well. Live and learn.

Loves,
Michelle

2 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, Shelly! Don't despair...you'll get better at it. When we first got married, I used to forget and not have enough veggies made for all of us...I would cry and Daryl would heat up a can of veggies. LOL

Unknown said...

Don't be afraid to experiment. Great meals don't come from nowhere ya know! All those awesome meals at the fancy restaurants were screwed up over and over again until they got it right. Keep at it! :-)